Plant a tree. Easy said – easy done.
We need to planting more trees worldwide. As soon as possible. Otherwise there will be more desertification. I don’t give a damn about if they are native trees or not. We need trees. By the time we sift through the native and the non-native and all that we’ll all be death.
Masanobu Fukuoka said that he would leave that up to nature to decide. So he said:
Just throw them all together, put them all out there and especially where there’s water, let see what happens. Whatever grows is tough and is it what nature shows us to work. Then see what shows up and plant more of that.
How to plant a tree
Seeds have been sprouting and trees have been growing for a long time without any help from humans. The “natural way” to plant a tree is to allow nature to take its course. Most seeds, when plant in the fall without any pre-treatment, will begin to grow the following spring.
I suggest that after you ate an apple or orange or plum or pear or … you keep the seed. Don’t trow it away. And one day when you go for a walk just drop them. Somewhere where tree will have place to grow. Don’t plant a tree somewhere you know there will build new building.
It is harder for us who are living in city, but not impossible. We went just a little outside of city. I know there is life, because you can find birds, turtles, … Some seeds we just drop, some we planted.
Don’t plant them to deep. If the seeds are planted too deep, this can delay or stop the process of tree growing.
Some facts about tree
I already wrote something about trees. You can read it in my blog About toilet paper and the tree. Here are just few ones:
- One mature tree produce oxygen to support 2 human beings.
- There are over 23,000 different kinds of trees in the world.
- Over 5,000 products are made from trees.
- Each year, one person uses wood and paper products equal to a 100 foot ( 30,48 m ) tree 18 inches ( cca 0,46 m ) in diameter.
- Trees placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30%
- The average tree in an urban/city area has a life expectancy of only 8 years.
- One tree can absorb as much carbon in a year as a car produces while driving 26,000 miles( cca 41842 km ).
So PLANT A TREE. Help the world. With no cost and no dirty hand.
Watch this video. Share it and help the world, help the nature, help yourself and next generations.